Two new research studies suggest that tired driving is responsible for as many fatal accidents — car crashes involving deaths — as drunk driving. Reduced reaction time — the time it takes a driver to recognize danger and take physical steps to avoid it — seems to be the culprit. Unfortunately, today’s hectic lifestyles and work schedules mean more and more people operate without sufficient sleep. New research indicates a growing number of drivers admit to actually falling asleep behind the wheels of their cars. This is obviously a disturbing trend that needs to be reversed. Drivers who drive drunk and caused accidents are subject to punitive damages in Florida. It is an interesting question as to whether a driver proven to be driving in a fatigued condition could also be held liable for punitive damages. If you have any questions regarding a Florida car accident, and especially one where tired driving has been suspected, call Winter Park personal injury attorneys Kim Cullen and Robert Hemphill at 407-254-4901, or download a FREE copy of Kim’s Florida car accident book, Asleep At The Wheel, by clicking...Read More »
- Flagler Soccer Coach Molestation Arrest – What Were Red Flags?
- What Happened In Water Rapids Ride Accident That Killed Four?
- Did Defective Road Contribute To Tragic Car Crash In Bithlo/Christmas?
- Even Rock Stars Are Not Immune From Insurance Denials
- ALERT: You Could Be Victim Of Violence In Apartments Near UCF