Orange County Public Schools has reportedly decided to fire Hugh Broomes, a Jones High School language arts teacher who was recently accused of having sex with a 16-year old high school student. What makes that case most striking to me as a Florida child sexual abuse lawyer is that it appears that there is evidence that Mr. Broomes had sex with the minor at least 10 times on the campus of the high school!! More on the underlying story here: An institution like Jones High School has a duty to supervise its staff, faculty, and facilities, in order to make sure that situations like this don’t occur. If the school does not do its job, and somehow lets an adult have sex at least 10 times with a minor on campus, the school could be held liable for negligent supervision, and could be exposed to paying any damages suffered by the minor. It will be interesting to see how this story progresses and to see what the school’s explanation is for how something like this could happen 10 times on a high school campus over the course of about 4 months, reportedly. If you have any questions regarding a Florida child sexual abuse claim, call Winter Park personal injury attorneys Kim Cullen and Robert Hemphill at 407-254-4901 or visit...Read More »
- Flagler Soccer Coach Molestation Arrest – What Were Red Flags?
- What Happened In Water Rapids Ride Accident That Killed Four?
- Did Defective Road Contribute To Tragic Car Crash In Bithlo/Christmas?
- Even Rock Stars Are Not Immune From Insurance Denials
- ALERT: You Could Be Victim Of Violence In Apartments Near UCF