Highway 50 and Sand Lake Road Feature On Central Florida’s Most Dangerous Roads List | Orlando accident attorney
MetroPlan Orlando has published its annual Regional Traffic Safety Report, and the news is not good (and not really surprising) for two of Central Florida’s more heavily traveled local roadways.
Highway 50 and Sand Lake Road figure very prominently in local car crash statistics. According to MetroPlan Orlando, the six most dangerous intersections in Central Florida were:
- Highway 50 and Alfaya Trail (104 Crashes, 34 Injuries)
- Highway 50 and Goldenrod Road (73 Crashes, 21 Injuries)
- State Road 436 and Aloma Avenue (71 Crashes, 17 Injuries)
- Orange Blossom Trail and Sand Lake Road (69 Crashes, 11 Injuries)
- International Drive and Sand Lake Road (65 Crashes, 14 Injuries)
- Highway 50 and Rouse Road (65 Crashes, 29 Injuries
(I am curious as to why the number of accident at the Rouse Road intersection is so much greater than the four intersections ranked above it. If you know, let me know in the Comments…)
As a long-time Central Florida resident, and Orlando accident attorney, I do my best to avoid these intersections. When I do have to travel in through these junctions, I am always on guard.
If you have any questions following a car crash at these, or any, Central Florida call Winter Park personal injury attorneys Kim Cullen and Robert Hemphill at 407-254-4901. Consultations are always FREE. Or, order a FREE copy of Kim’s book, Asleep At The Wheel: 13 Mistakes The Insurance Company Desperately Hopes You’ll Make Following A Florida Accident by clicking here.