New medical research confirms the efficacy of ordering kids to limit strenuous mental activity after suffering a concussion. Researcher at the Boston Sports Concussion Clinic just finished a study of 15 year olds who had been diagnosed with concussions. They found that kids who significantly limited their mental activities: homework, tests, reading, texting, video games, etc., recovered significantly faster than those kids who didn’t limit their activities. Many brain injury specialists have been recommending this kind of treatment regime for some time. Locally, I can tell you that the Florida Hospital Brain Injury unit has recommended this exact protocol for several girls in my daughter’s Club and school soccer programs who have been diagnosed with concussions. Of course, this advice is sound not only for people injured in sports, but also for people who have received concussions or coup contrecoup injuries from car crashes and other accidents. The key, above anything else, appears to be rest. If you’ve been involved in a Florida accident and have suffered a head or brain injury, get some rest. After that, if you have any questions, call Winter Park personal injury attorneys Kim Cullen and Robert Hemphill at...Read More »
- Flagler Soccer Coach Molestation Arrest – What Were Red Flags?
- What Happened In Water Rapids Ride Accident That Killed Four?
- Did Defective Road Contribute To Tragic Car Crash In Bithlo/Christmas?
- Even Rock Stars Are Not Immune From Insurance Denials
- ALERT: You Could Be Victim Of Violence In Apartments Near UCF